How Solar Power Can Save On Your Air Conditioning Costs
Posted on 28 May 2018
Recent reports have shown that the average household annual electricity bill is over $2,000. Some households have reported having bi-monthly electricity costs of between $500 and $1000!
Furthermore, the WA government has announced in the 2018 budget that there will be an electricity price rise of 7%, which sees households facing hundreds of extra dollars in their annual bills.
Electricity costs also surge in the middle of Summer and Winter due to the increased use of pool heaters, lighting and reverse cycle air conditioning.
There are many ways to reduce the costs of using your air conditioner. Along with managing electricity demands in peak times and reducing the use of your air conditioner, you can also embrace the power of renewable energy. You can do this by installing solar panels.
Generate free electricity
Solar power works by deriving clean and pure energy from the sun which combats greenhouse gas emissions, reducing our dependence on fossil fuels such as coal and natural gas. Basically, you’re generating your own electricity for free!
Once you’ve installed a rooftop solar system, your solar panels will work towards putting a substantial dent in your power bill.
It does depend on the size of solar system you get but you can save hundreds of dollars a year.
There is also a chance that you will generate more renewable electricity than you will use. This in turn means electricity providers can buy back this excess from you- making the return of investment greater for your household.
Solar power benefits
Here at Stinson Air & Solar we are always spruiking the benefits of solar power and why it’s a no brainer to install a rooftop solar panels to your home or business.
Some benefits include:
- Contribute to Earth’s sustainable future by getting clean energy from the sun.
- Protecting yourself from rising electricity costs.
- Fantastic return on investment.
- Increase the value of your home with eco-friendly and technologically advanced products.
- Get money back with Government schemes and programs.
Other ways to save on air conditioning costs and get the most out of your solar panels
We want to make sure you are enjoying all the benefits of having air conditioning and solar panels installed, so here are a few tips:
- Remember that each degree you increase in Winter or decrease in Summer changes your energy use by 10%. We recommend operating your air conditioner on 22 degrees in Winter and 24 degrees in Summer.
- Ensure no cool or warm air can escape your air-conditioned room (under doorways and open windows) to reduce the amount of outside air entering.
- Regularly look after your air con to keep it working efficiently! If left unserviced, it must work a lot harder, which chews up extra kilowatts.
- Switch your hot water system to solar, and set the timer to heat your water in off peak times.
- Add batteries to your solar system to achieve even greater control over your energy consumption. Battery stores the electricity that your solar panels produce instead of sending it to the grid. Then you can use them later in the evening and during peak times when it costs more to buy power from the grid.
We are passionate about solar power in Perth
We love helping our clients save money and the environment at the same time! Talk to Stinson Air & Solar today and let our fantastic team help customise a rooftop solar solution for you. Contact our team or find out more about solar power here.